- Download the SimServe installer from the SCADAmatic website here.
- Double click the SimServer installer as shown below:
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete installation:
- Launch an internet browser and browse to https://localhost/. The SimServe web
interface will be displayed as shown below:
The web interface will indicate that the software is not activated. SimServe will not respond to any modbus requests until the software is activated. To activate the software, purchase a license from the SCADAmatic website per the following steps. If a license has already been purchased, skip to step 6.
- Go here and complete the online purchase process.
- Check your email for a message from SCADAmatic that contains an attached license file.
- Save the license file for software activation later.
- Click the link in the activation alert message at the bottom of the screen shown, and the
"Activate SimServe" popup will appear:
- In step one, upload the license file that was emailed after purchase. The license file will have
- In step two, click the "Generate" button. An "activation request file" will be generated
by SimServe and downloaded by your browser to your downloads folder as shown
- In step three, click the link provided and the SCADAmatic activation page will be launched in a
- In the SCADAmatic Activation Page, upload the activation request file obtained
from step 8. The file will end in extension *.smactr. Click the submit button after
- Check for an email from SCADAmatic with an activation file attached. Save the activation file
for the next steps.
- Return to the SimServe web interface. In step four of the "Activation Popup", upload the
activation file. The activation file will have extension *.smact. After upload, click the install
button. The popup will close and SimServe is now activated.